Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

PHP-Localize php.ini configs for any directory

Recently while installing Joomla 3.0 I came across a blocker My Hosting Provider's php.ini said

magic_quotes_gpc = on;

which was hindering my way in installation of Joomla on Hosting Space I had...

I was looking for a work around and here is what I did simply...

1. Created a file called php.ini(or php5.ini-to taste of your php installation) in my local directory and added 

magic_quotes_gpc = off;

2. Secondly I created .htaccess and added following lines of code to the same

 
 <IfModule mod_suphp.c>  
  suPHP_ConfigPath /home/blart/public_html/interiors  
  <Files php.ini>  
   order allow,deny  
   deny from all  
  </Files>  
 </IfModule>  

The following directory contains my php.ini file
/home/blart/public_html/interiors  


That's it and I had my  php.ini localized

No comments:

Post a Comment