Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Error 5120 while attaching a Database

Recently I migrated from Windows XP to windows 7 and with that migrated my SQL server 2005 and my Visual Studio 2005.And of course my local databases.
I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 added Sql server 2005 to it. The problem occurred while I was attaching my old Databases to my fresh copy of Sql server.

The error was as follows

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express
------------------------------

Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.SmoEnum)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.ConnectionInfo)

------------------------------

CREATE FILE encountered operating system error 5(error not found) while attempting to open or create the physical file 'F:\Learning Projects\Product Catalouge Application\catelouge\App_Data\Products.mdf'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 5123)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&ProdVer=09.00.4053&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=5123&LinkId=20476

------------------------------
BUTTONS:

OK
------------------------------


At first it looked to be a big error but after a bit of research I found this issue to be the tiniest one I ever faced. Windows 7 security features were coming i between

Just start SQL Server in Administrator mode and you will come out of this error.
Let me know if you are still facing problems.

1 comment:

  1. Know how to resolve SQL error 5120 & recover corrupt SQL database with a third party tool i.e. SQL recovery tool. http://www.sqlrecoverysoftware.net/blog/how-to-fix-sql-error-5171.html

    ReplyDelete